Which is why I legit teared up this past weekend when she sang, “Brass in Pocket” by The Pretenders.
I hope she holds on to this message and always thinks of herself as special as I think of her. Straight up, she is the coolest kid I know. I’m blessed that she’s mine, just as all who know her are blessed to have her in their lives.
And just because I have this forum and can share for all to see and hear her awesomeness, here’s the best 3:39 (in this dad’s opinion) from last weeks’ Women Who Rocketh show.
That’s Norah singing lead on “Brass in Pocket”, playing bass on “White Rabbit” (Jefferson Airplane), playing guitar and harmonizing on “Cannonball” (The Breeders), and doing her best Courtney Love by playing and singing lead on “Celebrity Skin” (Hole).
You can catch Norah gigging with her other band, the Major Minors, all over Cleveland this summer. (Admission is free to all events except for the Garlic Festival.)
- Strongsville Relay for Life — Saturday June 3, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Whiskey Island — Saturday June 10, 2-6 p.m.
- Bay Village Project Pedal — Saturday June 17, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Mayfield Area Relay For Life — Saturday June 17, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Coventry Summer Series — Saturday June 24, 1-3 p.m.
- Whiskey Island — Saturday August 5, 2-6 p.m.
- Rock Hall Half Marathon — Sunday August 20, 9-11 a.m.
- Cleveland Garlic Festival — Saturday August 26, 1-2 p.m.
Happy birthday sweetheart. Daddy loves you (even if you think I yell too much).
Here’s what I read this week:
Here’s what I read this week:
- Age Discrimination Study and Litigation — via Workplace Prof Blog
- Job “Too Demanding” For Pregnant Employee, So She’s Demoted And Fired — via FisherBroyles
- Legislative Update: Pregnancy Discrimination Protections Under State Law Changing? — via Dan Schwartz's Connecticut Employment Law Blog
- I don’t recall the ADA saying anything about reasonable-er accommodations. — via Eric Meyer’s The Employer Handbook Blog
- The EEOC Shoots At A Fish In The Proverbial Staffing Firm Barrel — via Workplace Class Action Litigation
- EEOC Record Keeping Comes to Background Checks — via Workplace Insights
- Sixth Circuit to Weigh In on Religious Protection and Transgender Rights — via Wyatt Employment Law Report
- “You’re Fired” is not a Good Response to a Report of Harassment — via Employment Discrimination Report
- Anti-Muslim Rhetoric in the Workplace: An Employer’s Guide to Risks & Prevention — via Employment Law Lookout
- What Happens When Work Becomes a Nonstop Chat Room — via New York Magazine
- Why Is Cybersecurity So Hard? — via Harvard Business Review
- Target Reaches Breach Settlement: $18.5 Million Fine, Security Controls — via Dark Reading
- Read My Lips: No Password Necessary — via Technologist
- Unconventional Tactics — via The Labor Dish
- Is Your Organization Ready to Trade in Blazers for Sneakers? — via ERC Insights Blog
- Paid family leave policies show corporate America’s disdain for low-wage workers and their babies — via Workplace Fairness
- News Flash From IBM: There IS a Downside to a Remote Workforce — via Fistful of Talent
- When an Employee Suffers a Loss: Is Bereavement Leave Required? — via Intown Employer
- Howard Stern’s Day Off : The Danger of Digging for Details When Employees Call-In Sick — via EntertainHR
- Tomi Lahren settles lawsuit against Beck and Blaze — via Phil Miles's Lawffice Space
Wage & Hour
- The Gig Economy Problem — via YourHRGuy.com
- Security Guards: Employees or Contractors? — via Who Is My Employee?
- “Saying It’s So, Doesn’t Make It So”—Independent Contractor v. Employee Status — via The Labor & Employment Law Blog
- Plaintiff’s FMLA and Disability Discrimination Claims Based on Torn ACL and Meniscus Allowed to Proceed — via Wisconsin Employment & Labor Law Blog
- Tell Them About FMLA Even If They Don’t Know They Have a Medical Problem — via TLNT
- Unions have a Love-Hate Relationship with President Trump — via Matt Austin Labor Law
- Employees Claim Protection for Political Protest — via Workforce Freedom Initiative
- 40,000 AT&T Workers Begin 3-Day Strike — via Workplace Fairness
- NLRB: Nonunion Employees Do Not Have A Right To A Co-Worker’s Presence During Investigatory Interviews. — via Trade Secret / Noncompete Blog
- NLRB Upholds Discharge of Disruptive Union Activist — via The Employment Brief
- U.S. Department of Labor Begins Process To Rescind Obama Administration’s “Defective” Persuader Rule Overhaul — via Labor Relations Today
OSHA & Safety
- Pro Football Player Was Limited to Workers’ Comp for Brain Injury Claims, Louisiana District Court Decides — via Law.com
- OSHA Delays July 1 Electronic Reporting Requirement — via Currents
- Employers Beware: Indiana Supreme Court Expands the Scope of the “Duty of Care” Owed to a Subcontractor’s Employees — via Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog