Sometimes you need to step out of your comfort zone to move forward, including in one's career.
For the past 25 years, I've been a management-side labor and employment lawyer. I've represented employers in just about every type of employee dispute you can imagine and counseled too many to count on a countless number of issues.
Still, I yearn for growth. One of the industries I've had the pleasure of representing over the years is the craft beer industry. Thus, I've helped spearhead the launch of Wickens Herzer Panza's brand new Craft Beer Practice Group. I'm excited to be one of the two leaders of this group, along with one of my partners, Grant Steyer. You'll find our new practice at ohiobeerlawyers.com.
I'm still a practicing labor and employment lawyer (don't worry). I'm just adding "craft beer lawyer" to my arsenal.Our Craft Beer practice provides comprehensive business and legal services to all aspects of the craft beer industry, including brewers, brew pubs and restaurants, and vendors and suppliers, both as start-ups and as more established operations. We not only understand the craft beer industry, but also understand what it means to represent a small business because we understand what a small business means to its owners and operators. Thus, we are uniquely positioned to offer effective, practical, and strategic counsel so that our brewery-industry clients can operate their businesses with the peace of mind that their business and legal interests are protected.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Business Formation and Acquisition
- Corporate Governance
- Employment and Labor Relations
- Intellectual Property, Including Patent and Trademark Registration and Enforcement
- Liquor License Acquisition and Transfer
- Marketing and Advertising
- Ohio Division of Liquor Control Representation
- Real Estate, Including Purchases and Leases
- Trade Secret Protection and Non-Competition Agreement Drafting and Enforcement