Last Saturday, Norah’s band, the Major Minors, played to a packed courtyard outside the legendary Grog Shop. And boy did the crowd have a good time. Especially this woman.
The Major Minors return to the scene on August 3rd, where they’ll play inside the Grog Shop, opening for the School of Rock Allstars (the school’s national touring band).
The blog is going on hiatus for two weeks. I’ll be back on July 17 after a much deserved vacation.
Here’s what I read this week.
- What Role Does the EEOC Play in Independent Contractor Misclassification? — via Who Is My Employee?
- The Dialogue: Sex Harassment in the Workplace — Still an Issue, but How Much? — via Dan Schwartz’s Connecticut Employment Law Blog
- When Your Employee Needs Major Surgery: What You Need to Know — via Evil HR Lady, Suzanne Lucas
- Content of Doctors’ Notes May Help Plaintiffs Establish Evidence of Disability Discrimination — via Currents
- To ‘Friend’ or Not to ‘Friend’? — via Next Blog
- Ransomware Attack on DLA Piper Puts Law Firms, Clients on Red Alert — via Law.com
- Talking Cyber-Risk with Executives — via Dark Reading
- Cybersecurity is a Pain Point for Plaintiffs — via Ride The Lightning
- It’s SUMMER! Top 4 ways employers can get burned — via Robin Shea’s Employment & Labor Insider
- That moment HR discovers its $2,666,594.03 typo in a fully-signed severance agreement — via Eric Meyer’s The Employer Handbook Blog
- The State of Telecommuting in the U.S. in 2017 — via 1 Million for Work Flexibility
- Why You Need an Employee Handbook and What It Should Cover — via TLNT
- How the Travel Ban Impacts Employers — via Workology
- The Boomerang Effect of Firing All The UBER Leaders… — via The HR Capitalist
- DOL Will Again Issue Opinion Letters on FMLA, FLSA, and Other Sticky Employment Law Scenarios — via Jeff Nowak’s FMLA Insights
- Not lookin’ good for DOL overtime regulation — via Phil Miles’s Lawffice Space
- DOL Sends OT Request for Information to White House for Review — via The Wage and Hour Litigation Blog
- Trump reversal of Obama-era labor rule is great news for corporations — via Workplace Fairness
- Manager Maude, Vol. I No. 2 — via Four Peaks Advisors
- The Conservative Case for Unions — via Workplace Prof Blog
- Are Unions Regrouping, Planning for Post-Trump NLRB? — via Matt Austin Labor Law
- Take a Screen Shot of This: Supervisor Unlawfully Interrogated Employee Through Text, NLRB Says — via Labor Relations
- OSHA Delays Electronic Filing Date for Injury and Illness Records Until December 1, 2017 — via Workplace Safety and Environmental Law Alert Blog
- OSHA Proposes December 1 for Electronic Submission of 300As — via HR Daily Advisor