First up, Feedspot’s Top 100 Legal Blogs, which ranks yours truly at number 34 overall, and the top labor and employment law blog.
Next, Northeast Ohio’s ERC, which included me on its recent list of the Best HR Blogs (as the lone legal blog).
Third, Justipedia, which lists me as one of the Top Employment/Labor Attorneys to Follow on Twitter.
Finally, The Expert Institute nominated the blog as one of 2016’s best litigation blogs. If you’re inclined, you can even jump over and vote to move me up the list.
Thank you to each of these resources for including me. Each contains a plethora of blogs and tweeters that are worth checking out. I know I found some new resources to follow, and I’m confident you will too.
Here’s the rest of what I read this week:
- Why black workers who do everything right still get left behind — via Wonkblog
- Will The N-Word And Nooses Ever Stop? Maybe When The Civil War Finally Ends — via FisherBroyles
- 100% healed policy = 100% violation of the ADA — via Eric Meyer’s The Employer Handbook Blog
- Kiss Your Retaliation Suit Hello: Company Faces Trial after Changing Explanation for Firing — via Suits by Suits
- The Clock Has Struck 12 On The EEOC Fiscal Year-End Countdown – Surprising Revelations For FY 2016 — via Employment Law Lookout
- Criticism of OFCCP won’t give contractors any satisfaction — via Robin Shea’s Employment & Labor Insider
Social Media & Tech
- Coming soon: Facebook for Work — via Ragan.com
- Can You Be Fired For Your Facebook Posts? Yes (With Exceptions) — via Donna Ballman’s Screw You Guys, I’m Going Home
- Wearable technology: A Pandora’s box of HR evils? — via Business Management Daily
- Social Media Safety Guide for Companies — via Socially Aware Blog
- The Social And Mobile Workplace: Climate Change Is Real and Artificial Intelligence and HR: The New Wave of Technology — via TalentCulture
- Worried about employee engagement? There’s an app for that — via Technology for HR
- Can You Put a Dollar Amount on Your Company’s Cyber Risk? — via Harvard Business Review
- Why Cybersecurity Is No Game: Q&A With Tim Ryan — via The ChamberPost
HR & Employee Relations
- Is Hiring Without Headaches Even Possible? — via Dan Schwartz’s Connecticut Employment Law Blog
- When A Co-worker’s Song Playlist Hits All the Wrong Notes — via Workplace Diva
- How to Keep Working Parents Working For You — via TLNT
- Worker Valuation of Alternative Work Arrangements — via Workplace Prof Blog
- Workplace bullying vs. “political correctness” — via Minding the Workplace
- Re-Thinking Zero-Tolerance Policies — via The Emplawyerologist
- Surviving the Milllennials vs. Gen X at the Workplace — via Workplace Diva
Wage & Hour
- Reclassified Workers Have Mixed Reactions to New FLSA Overtime Regulations — via SHRM
- Which industries do you think are hit the hardest by FLSA violations? — via Mike Haberman’s Omega HR Solutions
- Lawsuits and Congress Attempt to Stop New DOL Overtime Rules — via Minnesota Employer
- Here’s the Best Minimum Wage Increase Idea I’ve Ever Heard — via The HR Capitalist, Kris Dunn
- NLRB Considering Potentially Seismic Shift in Labor Law — via CUE, Inc.
- The Hits Keep On Coming: NLRB General Counsel’s Office Seeks Potential Modifications to the Law Regarding Intermittent Strikes — via Labor Relations
- The Rise of eSports: Labor Implications Involved in the Future of Riot Games and League of Legends. — via The L•E•Jer
OSHA & Safety
- OSHA proposes rule to streamline 18 standards — via Safety + Health
- OSHA and DOT Issue Joint Memorandum on Hazardous Chemicals — via OSHA Law Blog