In that spirit, I thought we’d take a look at the 10 biggest mistakes that employers keep making.
In no particular order:
- Failing to document employee performance issues.
- Ignoring routine updates to your employee handbook.
- Omitting preparation for a union organizing campaign.
- Not regularly auditing your workplace safety and other OSHA issues.
- Placing hard caps on an employee’s leave of absence, or assuming that the FMLA’s 12 weeks are a ceiling for an employee’s leave.
- Skipping the interactive process when considering accommodations for an employee’s disability or religion.
- Terminating an employee without warning for anything other than the most egregious of infractions.
- Not staying up to date on cybersecurity and other technology concerns.
- Skipping annual harassment training.
- Asking your employees to perform work off-the-clock.