I was a Sesame Street kid. Muppets taught me to read, count, and have manners.
I’m a tad late, however, to Game of Thrones. I’ve been frantically binge watching, trying to catch up before Season 5 begins (or, more likely, ends – I’m nearly through Season 3 as I type).
What do you get when you marry these two shows? Game of Chairs, of course.
How many Game of Thrones references can you catch?
Here’s the rest of what I read this week:
- EEOC on Transgender Harassment, Discrimination, and Restrooms — via Phil Miles’s Lawffice Space
- A white employee tossed banana peels at work, and HE claims discrimination. He might WIN too. — via Eric Meyer’s The Employer Handbook Blog
- Are fraternities subject to title III of the ADA? — via Understanding the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Five Lessons For Employers From the Ellen Pao Verdict — via California Employment Law
- SEC Clamps Down On Employee Agreements Thought to “Chill” Whistleblower Activity — via Employment Law Worldview
- After Ellen Pao’s Loss, More Women In Tech Bring Gender Discrimination Lawsuits — via Workplace Fairness
Social Media & Workplace Technology
- Cyber Security Competition Kicks Off — via The ChamberPost
- Cyber Insurance: What do Cyber Insurance Policies Cover and Cost? — via Privacy and Data Security Insight
- We Continue to Miss the Texting Opportunity In HR — via The HR Capitalist, Kris Dunn
- Do Employers Own LinkedIn Groups Created By Employees?–CDM v. Sims — via Technology & Marketing Law Blog
- Social Media and Time Management: Boogeyman or Symptom? — via Next Blog
- Why Do We Publicly Shame People Out of Their Jobs? — via Harvard Business Review
HR & Employee Relations
- Recognizing the Red Flags of Fraud — via FRAUDfiles
- The Unique World of “Leave of Absence” Policies — via ERC Insights Blog
- “Just Give Me a Reason” Not Enough to Satisfy Just Cause Provision — via Dan Schwartz’s Connecticut Employment Law Blog
- Employment Lessons from Germanwings: Why Mental Health Is So Important — via Employment Intelligence
- L. Ron Hubbard's Best Career Lessons — via Lifehacker
- Life in an Inflexible Office — via 1 Million for Work Flexibility
- Training Video on Millennials in the Workplace. — via What About Clients?
- Check Out The FTC’s Newly Revised Background Checks Brochure — via FYI Screening
Wage & Hour
- Hey Employer don’t look to the USDOL for help — via Mike Haberman’s Omega HR Solutions
- An Argument for Unfair Pay — via Compensation Cafe
- When Paying Accrued “Vacation” at Termination, Labels Don't Matter [Wage & Hour FAQs] — via Wage & Hour Insights
- Wal-Mart Part Deux? Company Appeals Class-Case to Supreme Court — via Workplace Prof Blog
- Does FMLA Cover In Vitro Fertilization? Does It Matter if Dad's Sperm is to Blame? — via Jeff Nowak’s FMLA Insights
- Intermittent FMLA Leave: A Chronic HR Headache (Part I) — via Southwest Florida HR Law & Solutions