Will you be at Kalahari for the COSE Small Business Convention? If so, I’m speaking at tomorrow—Friday, October 26, at 10:15. My session is entitled, Think Before You Click: Strategies for Managing Social Media in the Workplace.
What will you learn?
- Why discrimination, breaches of confidentiality, and protected concerted activity are the 3 biggest HR risks facing employers via their employees' use of social media.
- Why you are fighting a losing battle if you try to ban your employees from accessing Facebook and other social sites from work for personal reasons.
- How to limit your risk when you search for information on job candidates online.
- What a "pervy wanker" has to do with concepts such as corporate risk tolerance.
- How to account for who owns official corporate social media channels.
- Whether anyone can make any sense out of the NLRB's position on social media posts as protected concerted activity.
If you’re at the convention, please stop by and say hello. I love meeting my readers. I hope to see you there.